Red Raiders are encouraged to rally together to support philanthropic projects during 1,923 minutes of giving.
Texas Tech University will host its second annual Day of Giving on Aug. 15 and 16. During this online fundraising campaign, Red Raiders are encouraged to “Rally Together” to support programs most meaningful to them across the university.
“The success of our inaugural Texas Tech Day of Giving provided even greater opportunities and support for our students,” said Texas Tech President Lawrence Schovanec. “The gifts made as part of this event will continue our legacy of making a difference in the lives of Red Raiders and the future of Texas Tech.”
This university-wide online philanthropic event, themed “Rally Together,” begins at 8 a.m., Aug. 15 and concludes at 4:03 p.m., Aug. 16. It lasts 32 hours and 3 minutes – or 1,923 minutes – signifying the year of Texas Tech's founding.
Texas Tech Day of Giving features 24 projects from across the university representing all 13 of Texas Tech's colleges, as well as other areas of the university, including Texas Tech Athletics, the Burkhart Center for Autism Education & Research, the National Ranching Heritage Center and the Museum of Texas Tech University.
“Day of Giving gives us the opportunity to highlight some of the amazing, but possibly unseen, work being done across the university,” said Byron Kennedy, vice president for university advancement, “When Red Raiders come together, incredible work can be done, and this event is a testament to that spirit. We encourage everyone to find a project they are passionate about, make a gift and help share the remarkable things happening at Texas Tech.”
Day of Giving encourages all Red Raiders to find an area where they feel most connected and make a gift, because during this event, any gift to any fund anywhere on campus makes an impact.
The featured projects for this year's Texas Tech Day of Giving include the following:
- Texas Tech General Scholarship Fund
- Raider Relief
- Campus Beautification
- Huckabee College of Architecture Student Org. Travel Fund
- Vietnam Archive Oral History Transcription Service
- Texas Tech Athletics STRIVE
- Texas Tech Therapeutic Riding Center
- Texas Tech MILE Program
- Whitacre College of Engineering K-12 STEM Outreach
- School Supplies for Future Rural Teachers of Texas
- Burkhart Center Transition Academy Vocational Skills Training
- Graduate Student Research Support
- Honors Classroom to Career Externships
- KEY Financial Coaches: Accredited Financial Counselor Fund
- School of Law Student Success
- Southwest Collection: Preserving History
- Support Outdoor & Adventure Media
- Dinos on the Road
- Mobility Aids for Visitors to the National Ranching Heritage Center
- Rawls Dress for Success Scholarship
- Texas Tech Spirit Programs
- Summer Camps in the Arts
- TTAA Texas Tech Ring Scholarship Fund
- Portable Ultrasound Equipment for Veterinary Students
If you have any questions or need assistance in making a gift, please contact Texas Tech's Office of Advancement at email@example.com. Gifts can be made now, and contributions made to any Texas Tech fund count toward the day's goals.