This April, we are happy to share a few of the financial resources available on campus.
For college students (or, let's face it, for all of us), managing finances can seem daunting, and maybe even scary. But for students at Texas Tech University, a plethora of resources and experts are available to help them navigate their financial world.
Red to Black® Peer Financial Coaching
Red to Black® Peer Financial Coaching is a nationally recognized model program whose purpose is to empower students to achieve their financial goals. Staffed by Texas Tech students pursuing Personal Financial Planning degrees, the program offers peer-to-peer financial coaching through individual coaching sessions and group presentations on topics such as:
- Creating spending plans
- The importance of starting to save early
- Maximizing financial aid
- How to choose employee benefits
- Establishing and wisely using credit
Visit the Red to Black website.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships provides advisory services and outreach about financial aid and scholarships to ensure that students, faculty and staff have access and understand the financial aid process through excellent customer service, in a student-centered culture that respects the needs, values and diversity of our campus. The department strives to balance responsible stewardship of all financial aid and scholarship funds to ensure that students find value and pursue their academic goals without distraction.
Visit the Financial Aid website.
Student Business Services
Student Business Services (SBS) assists with tuition and fee billing, third-party sponsorships and refunding. The department's customer service centered office is able to provide support for your questions on billing, payments, payment plans and more.
SBS offers the following financial resources:
- Tuition Estimator
- Payment Plans
- My Direct Deposit
- Assists with applying eligible exemptions, waivers and third-party benefits.
- Allows parents, guardians, or other responsible parties to be set up as authorized users in eBill for online billing and payment access.
- Provides streamlined options for making international payments in many international currencies or U.S. dollars through a local bank at competitive exchange rates.
Visit the Student Business Services website.