The symposium event will feature two panel discussions, a career fair, luncheon and keynote speaker.
WHAT: Texas Tech University will host the H-E-B Hospitality and Retail Management Symposium for current students, alumni and industry experts to discuss the latest industry news and trends.
WHEN: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 24
WHERE: Overton Hotel & Conference Center, 2322 Mac Davis Lane
EVENT: The Hospitality and Retail Management Symposium includes presentations from department leadership and field experts such as Robert P. Jones, chair of the Department of Hospitality & Retail Management; Rich Scamehorn, chief research officer for InContext; and Brad Frazier, senior vice president of sales for Highgate Select.
Attendees also will hear from a panel regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. Panelists include:
- Jody Randall, vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Leslie Cuevas, assistant professor of hospitality and retail management
- Nia Allen, doctoral student in hospitality and retail management
A second panel discussion will address the future of hospitality and retail management. Panelists include:
- Daniela Garcia, president of Eta Sigma Delta International Hospitality Honor Society
- Clara Ellison, manager of Dillard's in Lubbock
- Kurt Metcalf, general manager of the Overton Hotel & Conference Center
A career fair will allow students to meet with industry professionals and potential employers. The full schedule of events and more information is available here.
Registration is now open for students and professionals.
CONTACT: Deborah Fowler
Associate chair, Department of Hospitality & Retail Management, College of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University