The symposium event will feature two panel discussions, a career fair, luncheon and keynote speaker.
WHEN: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 24
WHERE: Overton Hotel & Conference Center, 2322 Mac Davis Lane
EVENT: The Hospitality and Retail Management Symposium includes presentations from department leadership and field experts such as Robert P. Jones, chair of the Department of Hospitality & Retail Management; Rich Scamehorn, chief research officer for InContext; and Brad Frazier, senior vice president of sales for Highgate Select.
Attendees also will hear from a panel regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. Panelists include:
- Jody Randall, vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Leslie Cuevas, assistant professor of hospitality and retail management
- Nia Allen, doctoral student in hospitality and retail management
A second panel discussion will address the future of hospitality and retail management. Panelists include:
- Daniela Garcia, president of Eta Sigma Delta International Hospitality Honor Society
- Clara Ellison, manager of Dillard's in Lubbock
- Kurt Metcalf, general manager of the Overton Hotel & Conference Center
A career fair will allow students to meet with industry professionals and potential employers. The full schedule of events and more information is available here.
CONTACT: Deborah Fowler
Associate chair, Department of Hospitality & Retail Management, College of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University