From the opening of the Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine to new scholarships and facilities, donor generosity continues to advance Texas Tech
Texas Tech University donors contributed more than $109.9 million to the university in the 2021 fiscal year, the Office of Advancement announced today. This support plays a critical role in sustaining and advancing Texas Tech's commitment to student opportunities and success and research excellence.
“In a year that began with uncertainty, Texas Tech alumni and supporters continue to generously invest in higher education and meaningful research,” said Byron Kennedy, vice president for the Office of Advancement. “A phenomenal number of people are passionate about our students, employees and programs.”
A large portion of these donations helped provide scholarships for 17,118 students, enabling more students to pursue higher education and become part of the Texas Tech network.
“We are extremely grateful for our alumni and friends who have shared their generosity with Texas Tech,” said Texas Tech President Lawrence Schovanec. “They enhance the value of the Texas Tech education and student experience. Their continued support strengthens the Texas Tech brand and the stature of our university.”
Donations that contributed to the $109.9 million funded scholarships, campus improvements, academic and spirit programs, research and athletics. Highlights of the 2021 fiscal year's contributions from generous donors include:
- An emergency fund created by Jim (Class of '93) and Cecilia ('94) Edwards provides immediate impact-and relief-for students.
- Excellence in Banking Endowment Named in Honor of F. Scott Dueser
- Texas Tech Unveils Renovations to Historic Dairy Barn
- Endowed Scholarship for Design Students Established by Award-Winning Alumnus
- Texas Tech Upholds Its Tradition of Excellence in Banking and Finance
- Charles Schwab Foundation Establishes Scholarship in Personal Financial Planning
- Skyviews Restaurant Renovations to be Unveiled April 5
- University Announces Public-Private Partnership with Premier Oilfield Group
- School of Veterinary Medicine Receives Major Gift from Bank of America
- New Engineering Multipurpose Classroom Revealed
- Texas Tech Credit Union to Fund Raider Red Statue
- Alumnus, Former Regent Establishes Scholarships for Texas Tech University at Waco Students
- John Sellers is Giving Back in Honor of the Professor Who Inspired Him
- Contributions from Jerry S. Rawls Fund Undergraduate Teaching Initiatives
- Museum of Texas Tech University Announces Addition of Dr. Robert Neff and Louise Willson Arnold Wing
The fiscal year for the Texas Tech Office of Advancement runs from Sept. 1, 2020, through Aug. 31, 2021.
To learn more about giving opportunities to Texas Tech, contact the Office of Advancement at (806) 742-2211 or give.ttu.edu.