WALLETHUB - WalletHub makes it easy to find the best store credit card for you.
A store credit card is a credit card that works only at one retailer or one group of related retailers. Store credit cards are known for having $0 annual fees and being available to people with credit scores of 640+, which makes them great for building credit at a low cost. Many store cards also offer generous first-purchase discounts and lucrative ongoing rewards (some cards are from WalletHub partners).
Ask the Expert
Deborah Fowler is Professor and Associate Chairperson of Hospitality and Retail Management, in the College of Human Sciences at Texas Tech University.
- Why do store credit cards tend to have lower credit-standing requirements than general-purpose cards with equivalent terms?
- Is a great store credit card enough to make a retailer more popular?
- Is it a bad idea to apply for a credit card in a store?
- How many store credit cards is too many? (For example, should consumers get a store credit card for all of their favorite retailers?)
- How does the value of store credit at a favorite retailer compare to the value of cash?