Nine Texas Tech faculty members have been awarded Faculty C-Startup grants.
The Innovation Hub at Research Park has announced the nine faculty members from Texas Tech University and the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) who have been awarded Faculty C-Startup grants and named 2021-2022 faculty ambassadors.
The Faculty C-Startup program, sponsored by Market Lubbock, is designed to support Texas Tech faculty interested in creating a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. Seven unique $2,500 grants have been awarded to each of the following faculty members for the development of a new or existing course that includes best practices for commercialization, including the Business Model Canvas developed by Alexander Osterwalder and Lean Launch Pad developed by Steve Blank.
Awardees will become faculty ambassadors for innovation and entrepreneurship at Texas Tech during the award period.
The faculty ambassadors are:
- Brendan Kelly, assistant professor in the Department of Plant and Soil Science at Texas Tech
Faculty C-Startup Course: Advanced Strategies for Learning in Data-Driven Agricultural Research
- Courtney Queen, assistant professor of public health in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at TTUHSC
Faculty C-Startup Course: Digital Health Promotion
- Dr. Jennifer Phy, professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at TTUHSC
Faculty C-Startup Course: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Hyo Jung (Julie) Chang, associate professor in the Department of Hospitality and Retail Management at Texas Tech
Faculty C-Startup Course: Retail Buying & Control
- Dr. Nithin Venepally, resident chief of research, quality improvement, and patient care, and Dr. Sarah Kiani, associate program director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program at TTUHSC
Faculty C-Startup Course: Strategic Career Development Course
- Wanda Hilliard and Rosalinda Jimenez at TTUHSC
Faculty C-Startup Course: Psychotherapeutic Modalities with Individuals, Families & Groups Across the Lifespan
- Wendy Chen, assistant professor in the Department of Political Science
Faculty C-Startup Course: Social Entrepreneurship