The awards celebrate individuals and groups for their commitment to globalization efforts at Texas Tech and in higher education.
WHAT: 2019 Global Vision Awards
WHEN: 5 p.m. Thursday (April 4)
WHERE: Auditorium, International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
EVENT: The Texas Tech University Office of International Affairs will recognize individuals and groups for their commitment to internationalization at Texas Tech and in higher education during the 2019 Global Vision Awards. Established in 2003, the awards show appreciation for each winner's generosity and continued support of Texas Tech's work to become more globally connected.
Texas Tech President Lawrence Schovanec, Provost Michael Galyean and Vice Provost for International Affairs Sukant Misra will attend the event, along with Montague W. Demment, vice president for International Programs at the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU). At a separate event, Demment will receive Texas Tech's 2019 Global Citizen Award for his extraordinary commitment to the internationalization of higher education.
Winners and recipients of honorable mentions will be announced in the following categories:
- Global Vision Lifetime Achievement Award, presented to an individual who has made extraordinary contributions to the internationalization of Texas Tech through his or her many years of leadership in promoting international scholarship and teaching.
- Donald R. Haragan Study Abroad Award, which recognizes the development and implementation of study abroad programs that support Texas Tech's commitment to providing high-quality international education opportunities.
- Campus Internationalization Award, given to a college, department or office within the Texas Tech University System that has made significant contributions toward internationalization.
- Global Engagement Community Award, presented to an individual or group that has made significant contributions to international understanding and engagement in the greater Lubbock community.
- Faculty International Scholarship Award, given to a tenure-track faculty member for excellence and sustained international scholarship.
- Graduate Student International Research Award, which recognizes international scholarship by a Texas Tech graduate student and is based on the annual Texas Tech Graduate School poster competition.
CONTACT: Joan Goodman-Williamson, executive director, International Relations, Office of International Affairs, Texas Tech University, (806) 742-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org