Students can attend free events on campus and access university resources.
Various departments and organizations at Texas Tech University will host events and provide resources throughout finals to help students relax, stay healthy and prepare for exams. Some departments also have different hours during finals.
Final Exam Schedule
Final exam schedules are available through the Office of Official Publications' website. Students can find schedules listed by exam times, common final exams and class times.
Events during finals week include:
Zen Day on Dead Day
- 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday (Dec. 6), Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreation Center (the Rec), Room 121
- Hosted by Recreational Sports
- Students are invited to attend free yoga and mind/body classes to relax before finals.
For more information, call the Rec at (806) 742-3351
Study at the SUB, open 24 hours for finals
- Thursday through Tuesday (Dec. 6-11), Student Union Building (SUB)
- Hosted by Student Union & Activities
- Students are invited to attend free events and study at the SUB. All rooms not considered large meeting rooms will be taken offline and are free to use for studying. All meeting rooms will have tables and chairs for students to study. Students also may use the third-floor collaboration space.
- Schedule of events for Study at the SUB:
- Free midnight breakfast
- Midnight Thursday, Friday and Sunday (Dec. 6, 7 and 9), SUB Food Court
- Students are invited for free pancakes and sausage.
- Free scantrons and blue books
- Midnight to 7 a.m. and 5-7 p.m. Thursday-Friday (Dec. 6-7) and Sunday-Tuesday (9-11), Main Info Desk and East Info Desk (5-7 p.m. only)
- Free scantrons and blue books will be available for students.
- Free coffee and Donuts
- Midnight to 3 a.m. Monday-Tuesday (Dec. 10-11), CopyMail Area and 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Monday-Tuesday (Dec. 10-11), Main Info Desk
- Every night throughout finals, students can get free coffee and donuts.
- Free study break movie
- 9 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 8), SUB Ballroom
- Students can watch "Night School" starring Tiffany Haddish and Kevin Hart. Limited seating is available.
- Free midnight breakfast
For more information, call the SUB at (806) 742-3636
- 10 p.m. - midnight Thursday (Dec. 6), The Fresh Plate at Bledsoe/Gordon and the Commons at Talkington Hall
- Hosted by Hospitality Services
- Students who hold on-campus dining plans are invited to eat free pancakes and sausage links at the above locations. Commuter dining plans and visitors will pay a guest rate.
For more information, call Hospitality Services at (806) 742-1360
Dog Days of Finals
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday (Dec. 7) and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 8), Croslin Room, University Library
- Hosted by University Libraries
- De-stress from final exams by playing with furry friends from the South Plains Obedience Training Club. Certified therapy dogs will visit Texas Tech to help students relax while studying for finals.
For more information, call the University Library at (806) 742-2265
Resources for finals include:
- Weekdays from Thursday (Dec. 6) through Dec. 13, all commuter lots are open to any vehicle with a valid Texas Tech commuter ePermit.
- Other parking areas on campus will operate as posted on signs, including weekends.
- Faculty and staff are still on duty during finals and must use their Area Reserved lots, including R3, the lot by the University Library, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Towing will be enforced in R3.
- Thursday (Dec. 6) buses will have limited service.
- The Masked Rider route will not run on Individual Study Day or during finals.
- On weekdays throughout finals, the Red Raider and Double T bus routes will run on a normal schedule.
- Routes will start 30 minutes early. Plan on arriving early if using the buses.
- Buses will not run on weekends due to open Area Reserved lots.
For more information, call Transportation & Parking Services at (806) 742-PARK
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, Student Wellness Center
- Hosted by Student Counseling Center
- Students, faculty and staff are welcome to visit the MindSpa throughout finals. The MindSpa offers a zero-gravity massage chair, meditation techniques and an audio-video library with resources for yoga and breathing exercises, Biofeedback software to help manage stress, relaxing Xbox 360 games and more. For more information, visit the Mindspa website.
To make an appointment, call the Student Counseling Center at (806) 742-3674
Academic Coaching at the Learning Center
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, The Learning Center (Holden Hall, Room 80)
- Hosted by Supporting Operations for Academic Retention
- During finals, students will have access to computers at the Learning Center. Students also can make appointments for free academic coaching to help with time-management, goal-setting, note-taking, study strategies and test-taking tips. Resources also are available online.
For more information, call the Learning Center at (806) 742-3664
Changes in hours include:
Dining Finals Hours
Hospitality Services locations will be experiencing changes in hours during finals. Starting Thursday (Dec. 6), all on-campus locations will have different hours. Visit the Hospitality Services website to view finals dining hours.
SUB Finals Hours
Throughout finals, the SUB will be open 24 hours for all students with one exception: the SUB will close at 11 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 8) and reopen at noon Sunday (Dec. 9). After finals have completed, the SUB will close at 11 p.m. Wednesday (Dec. 12). A full schedule of operating hours is available online.
Student Health Services Finals Hours
During finals, Student Health Services at the Student Wellness Center will operate under normal hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday).
Learning Center Finals Hours
Beginning Thursday (Dec. 6), the Learning Center hours will be shortened to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Only computer use and academic coaching will be available.
The Rec Finals Hours
Thursday and Friday (Dec. 6-7) the Rec will shorten its hours to 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. From Saturday through Wednesday (Dec. 9-13), the Rec will shorten its hours to 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Aquatic Center and Turf Fields will be closed throughout finals. A full schedule of the Rec hours is available online.
IT Help Central Finals Hours
During finals, IT Help Central will be open for phone, email and walk-up support during their normal hours. Phone and email support will be available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to midnight, with changes in times on the weekend. Walk-up services will be available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. with changes in times on the weekend. For a complete schedule, visit the website.
University Libraries Finals Hours
The University Library will be open 24 hours throughout finals. On Dec. 12, the University Library will close at 8 p.m. The Architecture Library, Southwest Collection and Law Library also will experience changes in hours. For a full schedule of University Libraries' hours, visit the website.