The ensembles will present a variety of new and familiar works.
WHAT: The Texas Tech University School of Music will host the Jazz I & II Ensembles Concert.
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Monday (Oct. 1)
WHERE: Hemmle Recital Hall, 2624 18th St.
EVENT: The Texas Tech School of Music, housed within the J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts, will host the Jazz I & II Ensembles Concert. This lively show, directed by director of jazz studies Stephen Jones and assistant professor of jazz studies Ben Haugland, will present several sets of delightful new works and familiar standards.
The Jazz Ensemble II will present:
- “88 Basie Street,” by Sammy Nestico
- “Aim High,” by Fred Sturm
- “Red Tape Blues,” by Geoffrey Keezer
- “Funk Tank,” by Lars Halle
After the intermission, the Jazz Ensemble I will present:
- “Four-Five-Six,” by Frank Foster
- “Tell Me A Bedtime Story,” by Herbie Hancock, arranged by Alan Baylock
- “Fools Rush In,” by Rube Bloom and Johnny Mercer, arranged by Thad Jones
- “Dancer,” by Bert Ligon
The concert is free and open to the public.
CONTACT: Stephen Jones, director of Jazz Studies, School of Music, J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual & Performing Arts, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-8379 or firstname.lastname@example.org