Texas Tech University is hosting the workshop, which will take place, for the first time, away from Sandia headquarters in New Mexico.
WHAT: Texas Tech University and the National Wind Institute (NWI) will give a guided bus tour of its facilities at the Reese Technology Center during the Sandia National Laboratories' Wind Turbine Blade Workshop (Aug. 28-29).
WHEN: 3:30-6 p.m. Tuesday (Aug. 28)
WHERE: Reese Technology Center, 1103 Fillmore Dr., Building 250
Directions to Reese Technology Center:
- Take Fourth Street west until it dead ends into Research Boulevard.
- Turn right on Research Boulevard.
- Enter Reese Technology Center through the main gate on the left.
- Take the first left turn onto Gilbert Drive and follow Gilbert Drive for about three quarters of a mile.
- Turn right onto 11th Drive.
- Parking is available in the lot at Garfield and 11th drives, across from Buildings 250 and 350.
EVENT: Texas Tech and the NWI will give a guided bus tour of the NWI facilities, including the Department of Energy and Sandia National Laboratories' Scaled Wind Farm Technology (SWiFT) facility and the Global Laboratory for Energy Asset Management and Manufacturing (GLEAMM), as well as the NWI's Ka-Band Mobile Doppler Radar and other field site amenities.
MEDIA – Anna E. Thomas, interim senior director of the National Wind Institute, and John Schroeder, professor of Atmospheric Science in the Department of Geosciences, will be available to speak to the media during or after the tour. Media does not have to stay for the entirety of the tour.
CONTACT: Anna Thomas, interim senior director, National Wind Institute, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org