(VIDEO) Hospitality Services Executive Chef Dewey McMurrey shares his recipes for Blended Burgers and Corn & Black Bean Salad.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 3-4 ea mushrooms (grated)
- 2 tbsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp thyme (dry or fresh) (optional)*
- Place your hamburger into large mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate mushrooms over bowl to combine with meat.
- Mix gently and quickly, trying not to overwork meat.
- Using a ring mold or personal preferences, shape patties.**
- Season again with salt and pepper before grilling.***
* Thyme is a natural compliment to mushrooms and will add flavor to your burger.
** Press a small divet into the center of the patties to prevent puffing.
*** Use an oily towel to wipe grill grates to prevent flare up and get better coverage.
Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 1 lb frozen roasted corn blend
- 1 lb pico de gallo*
- 1 can black beans (Bush's)**
- 4 tbsp BBQ seasoning***
- Open beans, drain and rinse.
- Place beans into large mixing bowl.
- Add corn and pico and mix throughly.
- Season to taste and mix again.****
* You may find pre-made pico at your local grocery store.
** Bush's beans are well cooked and considered a clean product without dyes.
*** A1 has a good BBQ seasoning.
**** The longer this salad sits after its mixed, the more flavor it will have.