The ambassadors are Ronald Neumann, Marcie Ries, Tony Wayne and Susan Ziadeh.
WHAT: A panel discussion will be hosted by the American Academy of Diplomacy (AAD) and Texas Tech University's Office of International Affairs and the Center for Global Understanding regarding the Trump administration's foreign and trade policy.
The ambassadors have more than 100 combined years of foreign service experience giving them unique perspectives on the panel discussion, “The Administration's Foreign & Trade Policy One Year In: A Selected Score Card.”
- Media availability: 9:45-10:15 a.m. Monday (April 16) by appointment only.
Please contact Kelly Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule one-on-one interviews.
- Panel discussion: 5:30 p.m. Monday (April 16)
WHERE: International Cultural Center Auditorium, 601 Indiana Ave.
EVENT: Four former U.S. ambassadors will visit Texas Tech for a panel discussion regarding diplomacy in a new presidential administration. AAD board member and former Texas Tech Vice Provost for International Affairs Ambassador Tibor Nagy will return to Lubbock for the panel.
- Ronald Neumann, moderator, U.S. Ambassador to Algeria (1994-97), Bahrain (2001-04) and Afghanistan (2005-07)
- Marcie Ries, U.S. Ambassador to Albania (2004-2007) and Bulgaria (2012-2015)
- Tony Wayne, U.S. Ambassador to Mexico (2011-2015) and Argentina (2006-2009)
- Susan Ziadeh, U.S. Ambassador to Qatar (2011-2014)
CONTACT: Camille Patterson, executive assistant, Office of International Affairs, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-8882 or email@example.com