The event will include open microphone sessions with industry professionals.
WHAT: The Texas Tech University Department of Hospitality and Retail Management in the College of Human Sciences will host the Retail Management Symposium, giving students the opportunity to network with professionals in their fields while gaining valuable career advice.
WHEN: 2 p.m. Tuesday (March 27)
WHERE: Overton Hotel and Conference Center, 2322 Mac Davis Lane
EVENT: The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 2 p.m. – Registration
- 2:30 p.m. – Keynote by Megan Peterson, director of global supply chain marketing for Cotton Inc.
- 3:15 p.m. – Open Mic Session 1, featuring Mandy Cooper, store leader for Target; Clara Ellison, store manager for Lubbock Dillard's; Kathy Payne, executive development coordinator for Irving Dillard's; and Raymond Carruth, area manager for Whataburger.
- 4 p.m. – Open Mic Session 2, featuring Garrett Stauder, unit director for H-E-B; Ellie Schultz, category consultant for Republic National Distributing Company; Victoria Elam, manager for category space and mod execution analyst for Walmart; and Caroline Traeger, digital media director for Ramar Communications.
- 4:45 p.m. – Networking tables
- 5:30 p.m. – Keynote by Mike Bessire, former senior vice president of Starbucks Central Zone and former president of the Eastern Division of Safeway
- 6 p.m. – Dinner, $10 fee payable in room 601 or at the door
CONTACT: Deborah Fowler, professor, Department of Hospitality and Retail Management, College of Human Sciences, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-1779 or firstname.lastname@example.org