Students can attend free events on campus and access university resources.
Various departments and organizations at Texas Tech University will host events and provide resources throughout finals to help students relax, stay healthy and prepare for exams. Some departments also have different hours during finals.
Final Exam Schedule
The Office of Official Publications publishes multiple final exam schedules to make it as easy as possible to find exam times. Students can find schedules listed by exam times, common final exams and class times. To see the final exams schedules, visit the website.
Events during finals week include:
Zen Day on Dead Day
- Hosted by Recreational Sports
- Today (Dec. 7)
- Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreation Center (the Rec), Room 121
- Students are invited to attend free yoga and mind/body classes to relax before finals.
- Schedule of events for Zen Day:
- 4 p.m. – Fiestalates
- 5:30 p.m. – Glow Yoga
- 6:45 p.m. – Gentle Hatha Yoga
- 8 p.m. – Candlelight Yin Yoga
For more information, call the Rec at (806) 742-3351
Study at the SUB, open 24 hours for finals
- Hosted by Student Union & Activities
- Student Union Building (SUB)
- Students are invited to attend the following free events. All rooms not considered large meeting rooms will be taken offline and are free to use for studying. All meeting rooms will have tables and chairs for students to study. Students may also use the third-floor collaboration space.
- Schedule of events for Study at the SUB:
- Free midnight breakfast
- Midnight, today through Tuesday (Dec. 7-12), excluding Saturday (Dec. 9), SUB Food Court
- Students are invited for free pancakes and sausage.
- Free scantrons and blue books
- 5-7 p.m. and 5-8 a.m. today through Wednesday (Dec. 7-13), Main Info Desk and East Info Desk (5-7 p.m. only)
- Free scantrons and blue books will be available for students.
- Free coffee
- 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. today through Wednesday (Dec. 7-13), Main Info Desk
- Every night throughout finals, students can get free coffee.
- Free breakfast snacks
- 5-8 a.m. today through Wednesday (Dec. 7-13), Main Info Desk
- Students can grab on-the-go breakfast snacks before their tests.
- Free midnight breakfast
For more information, call the SUB at (806) 742-3636
- Hosted by Hospitality Services
- 10 p.m. to midnight today (Dec. 7)
- All-You-Care-to-Eat at Hulen/Clement, The Fresh Plate at Bledsoe/Gordon and the Commons at Talkington Hall
- Students who hold on-campus dining plans are invited to eat free pancakes and sausage links at the above locations. Commuter dining plans and visitors will pay a guest rate.
For more information, call Hospitality Services at (806) 742-1360
Dog Days of Finals
- Hosted by University Libraries
- 5-7 p.m. Friday (Dec. 8) and 1-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 9 and 10)
- Croslin Room, University Library
- De-stress from final exams by playing with furry friends from the South Plains Obedience Training Club. Certified therapy dogs will visit Texas Tech to help students relax while studying for finals.
For more information, call the University Library at (806) 742-2265
Resources for finals include:
- Weekdays from today through Wednesday (Dec.7-13), all commuter lots are open to any vehicle with a valid Texas Tech commuter ePermit.
- Other parking areas on campus will operate as posted on signs, including weekends.
- Faculty and staff are still on duty during finals and must use their Area Reserved lots, including R3, the lot by the University Library, weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Towing will be enforced in R3.
- Today (Dec. 7) buses will have limited service.
- The Masked Rider route will not run on today through Wednesday (Dec. 7-13).
- On weekdays throughout finals, the Red Raider and Double T bus routes will run on a normal schedule.
- Routes will start 30 minutes early. Plan on arriving early if using the buses.
- Buses will not run on weekends due to open Area Reserved lots.
For more information, call Transportation & Parking Services at (806) 742-PARK
- Hosted by Student Counseling Center
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, by appointment only
- Student Wellness Center
- Students, faculty and staff are welcome to visit the MindSpa throughout finals. The MindSpa offers a zero-gravity massage chair, meditation techniques, audio-video library with resources for yoga and breathing exercises, Biofeedback software to help manage stress, relaxing Xbox 360 games and more. To make an appointment, call the Student Counseling Center at (806) 742-3674. It is best to make appointments in advance to avoid crowding the day of. For more information on the MindSpa, visit the website.
For more information, call the Student Counseling Center at (806) 742-3674
Academic Coaching at the Learning Center
- Hosted by Supporting Operations for Academic Retention
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- The Learning Center (Holden Hall, Room 80)
- During finals, students will have access to computers at the Learning Center. Students can also make appointments for free academic coaching to help with time-management, goal-setting, note-taking, study strategies and test-taking tips. Resources are also available online.
For more information, call the Learning Center at (806) 742-3664
Changes in hours include:
Dining Finals Hours
Hospitality Services locations will be experiencing changes in hours during finals. Starting today (Dec. 7), all on-campus locations will have different hours. Visit the website to view finals dining hours.
SUB Finals Hours
Throughout finals, the SUB will be open 24 hours for all students with one exception: the SUB will close at 11 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 9) and reopen at noon Sunday (Dec. 10). After finals have completed, the SUB will close at 11 p.m. on Wednesday (Dec. 13).
Student Health Services Finals Hours
During finals, Student Health Services at the Student Wellness Center will operate under normal hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Learning Center Finals Hours
Beginning today (Dec. 7), the Learning Center hours will be shortened to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Only computer use and academic coaching will be available.
The Rec Finals Hours
Today and Friday (Dec. 7 and 8) the Rec will shorten its hours to 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. From Saturday through Wednesday (Dec. 9-13), the Rec will shorten its hours to 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Aquatic Center and Turf Fields will be closed throughout finals. On Wednesday (Dec. 13), the climbing wall will be closed.
IT Help Central Finals Hours
During finals, IT Help Central will be open for phone, email and walk-up support during their normal hours. Phone and email support will be available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to midnight, with changes in times on the weekend. Walk-up services will be available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. with changes in times on the weekend. For a complete schedule, visit the website.
University Libraries Finals Hours
The University Library will be open 24 hours throughout finals. On Wednesday (Dec. 13), the University Library will close at 8 p.m. The Architecture Library, Southwest Collection and Law Library also will experience changes in hours. For a full schedule of University Libraries' hours, visit the website.