(VIDEO) Hospitality Services Executive Chef Dewey McMurrey shares his recipe for Green Chile Corn Casserole.
- 6 corn cobs (cut) or 2 cans of corn
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 white onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp shallot (minced)
- 4 tbsp green onion (sliced)
- 4 oz queso blanco (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- Cut the corn off the cob and set aside.
- Cut the jalapeno, garlic and shallot.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes.
- Place everything except the cheese in a bowl and mix with seasoning. (Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.)
- Layer your pan or dish with the cheese and corn mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and foil and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and the corn is hot and tender.
- Remove from the oven and mix evenly.
- Garnish with queso blanco and green onion.