The marketing team was recognized for its work in social media, print publications and advertisements and interactive media.
Texas Tech University's Worldwide eLearning marketing team has been named winner of 14 national awards at the 25th annual UPCEA Marketing and Enrollment Management Seminar. The awards recognize the team's work in social media, print publications and advertisements and interactive media.
“Over the past year, the Worldwide eLearning marketing team has done a great job in promoting Texas Tech's online and regional site programs all over the state, region and nation,” said Justin R. Louder, associate vice provost of Worldwide eLearning. “These awards showcase the team members' outstanding work, and I look forward to what they have in store next year.”
The seminar gives leaders and practitioners a chance to network and attend workshops and general sessions related to marketing and enrollment for the online and continuing education side of higher education institutions. David Hankins, director of eLearning marketing at Texas Tech, said he and assistant director Melissa Morrow were honored to represent the team at the award ceremony in West Palm Beach, Florida, last month.
“We submitted 15 nominations representing work done on behalf of the various components we serve,” Hankins said. “We are very happy to have received 14 awards, which I firmly believe is a testament to the quality of this team.”
Teams from across the country and institutions of all sizes attend and compete at the seminar. Texas Tech's showing this year is more than double the six awards won at the 2015 seminar.
“There are many other institutions with top-notch marketing teams represented at UPCEA, so this really is no small accomplishment,” Hankins said. “I have the pleasure of overseeing a great team of professionals that consistently produces great work, and we're really just getting started. I believe the best is yet to come.”
The Texas Tech team won the following awards:
- Interactive media, miscellaneous: Honduras Facebook post, Worldwide eLearning (gold)
- Most improved: Facebook presence, Texas Tech University Independent School District (TTUISD) (gold)
- Interactive media, e-communications: From Anywhere e-newsletter, Worldwide eLearning (silver)
- Interactive media, streaming or on-demand content: YouTube skip ad campaign, Worldwide eLearning (silver)
- Print advertising, print ad campaign: athletic ad campaign, Worldwide eLearning (silver)
- Print publications, general catalog or tabloid, four colors throughout: The Regional Sites of Texas Tech, Worldwide eLearning (silver)
- Print publications, general catalog or tabloid, four colors throughout: homeschool solutions targeted brochure, TTUISD (silver)
- Print publications, postcard: graduation invitations, TTUISD (silver)
- Print publications, postcard: program advertisement, grapesandwine.ttu.edu
- Most improved: teacher newsletter, TTUISD (silver)
- Print advertising, single ad: foreign service journal ad, TTUISD (bronze)
- Print publications, poster: poster for best online school, TTUISD (bronze)
- Print publications, general catalog or tabloid, four colors throughout: regional site highlights and strategies, Worldwide eLearning (bronze)
- Print publications, general catalog or tabloid, four colors throughout: international business partnerships targeted brochure, TTUISD (bronze)
For more information about Worldwide eLearning and a list of online programs visit the website.