The activities include several sporting and career events.
Texas Tech University Military and Veterans Programs will host several events over the next two weeks in honor of Veterans Day (Nov. 11).
The events begin at 3 p.m. Thursday (Nov. 3) with a presentation by the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) on loans and resources available for veterans wanting to start a business, followed by a tour of the Texas Tech Innovation Hub at Research Park, 3911 4th St, for the SBA National Veterans Small Business Week.
The events finish with the Veterans Arts in Medicine Symposium from 1-5:30 p.m. Nov. 17 at the National Ranching Heritage Center, 3121 4th Street.
Below is a list of the other events honoring veterans and military personnel.
- Saturday (Nov. 5)
- 9 a.m.: The Military and Veterans Tailgate will be held at the Engineering Key for all military, veterans and family members.
- 11 a.m.: The Celebrating America football game against the University of Texas takes place at Jones Stadium.
- Nov. 9
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: The Veterans Career Prep Workshop will be held at the University Career Center in the Wiggins Complex.
- Nov. 10
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: The Hiring Red, White and You! Veteran Career Fair will be held in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center, 1501 Mac Davis Lane.
- Veterans Day (Nov. 11)
- 5 p.m.: A Flag Retreat Ceremony will take place at Memorial Circle.
- 6:30 p.m.: The Red Raiders will take on Houston Baptist University for the Military and Veteran Appreciation men's basketball game at the United Supermarkets Arena.
- Nov. 13
- 2 p.m.: The Lady Raiders go up against the University of North Dakota during the Military and Veteran Appreciation women's basketball game at the United Supermarkets Arena.
For more information about Military and Veterans Programs, visit the website.