Texas Tech University has several experts available to discuss the final hours of campaigning and beyond.
Texas Tech University has several experts available to discuss these events and what they may mean come Nov. 8 and after.
American political history
- Cunningham can speak about 20th century U.S. history, particularly post-1945 American political culture. This semester he is teaching a course on American presidential politics from John F. Kennedy to Ronald Reagan.
- Cunningham has written two books focusing on the growth of conservatism in Texas and the Sunbelt.
American elections and southern politics
- McKee can speak about the presidential election, U.S. House and Senate elections, Texas politics and statewide races.
- McKee's recently published research includes white conservative voting for minority Republican candidates in Senate and gubernatorial elections, voting behavior in different parts of the South and factors influencing the passage of voter ID laws in states. To view more of McKee's research, click here.
- Bucy researches nonverbal communication in political news, cognitive and emotional processing of televised leader displays and user experiences with new communication technologies.
Race and immigration
- Levario can talk about race, immigration and border issues.
- Levario's recent research includes the transnational context of immigration, militarization and race in the western United States and northern Mexico. His book "Militarizing the Border: When Mexicans Became the Enemy" explains current tensions and controversy over immigration and law enforcement issues near the U.S.-Mexico border.