Eleven Texas Tech students will take the field at halftime Saturday before a new king and queen will be crowned.
The Texas Tech University 2015 homecoming court was announced Friday (Oct. 9) at Rowdy Raider Rally by the Student Union Building before the football game against Iowa State University Saturday (Oct. 10).
The 2015 homecoming court nominees for king are:
- Evan Estes, an energy commerce major from Longview, representing the Rawls College of Business Ambassadors
- Benjamin Sharp, an economics major from Borger, representing Beta Upsilon Chi fraternity
- Arren Wells, an accounting and finance major from Albuquerque, New Mexico, representing Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Charlie Mitchell, a petroleum engineering major from Dallas, representing Phi Gamma Delta fraternity
- Sergio Molinar, an industrial engineering major from Hobbs, New Mexico, representing President's Select
The 2015 homecoming court nominees for queen are:
- Victoria Cervantes, a retail management major from Sugar Land, representing Chi Omega sorority
- Sarah Berry, a political science major from San Antonio, representing Alpha Phi sorority
- Jennifer Thompson, an early childhood education major from Rowlett, representing Delta Delta Delta sorority
- Lauren Gfroerer, an elementary education major from Austin, representing Delta Gamma sorority
- Emily Latham, a marketing major from Poetry, representing Mortar Board
- Ashley Vaughan, a political science major from Boerne, representing Alpha Delta Pi sorority
The winners will be announced during halftime Saturday (Oct. 10) at Jones AT&T Stadium.
The top 10 queen and 11 king candidates were announced Tuesday (Oct. 6) at the homecoming Student Organization Sing. The number was narrowed down to five king and six queen candidates after a review of the candidates' resumes and an interview process.
Last year's homecoming king and queen were Texas Tech Student Body President Holton Westbrook from Stephenville, who represented Pi Kappa Alpha, and Bailey Iverson from Rowlett, who represented Delta Gamma. For more information about Texas Tech's homecoming events, please visit homecoming.ttu.edu.