The national collegiate Hispanic honor society and other Hispanic organizations will host a forum to kick off Hispanic Heritage Month.
WHAT: “Diverse Perspectives of Spanish: A Panel of Non-Native Speakers” forum, hosted by Sigma Delta Pi, Unidos Por Un Mismo Idioma and other Hispanic organizations
WHEN: 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday (Sept. 15)
WHERE: Teaching, Learning and Professional Development Center, Room 153, Texas Tech University Library
Sigma Delta Pi, Unidos Por Un Mismo Idioma and other Hispanic organizations will celebrate Spanish Day with the “Diverse Perspectives of Spanish: A Panel of Non-Native Speakers” forum to kick off the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month.
Six panelists will attend the forum to speak about non-native speaking from a teacher's perspective, learning Spanish for survival, how to sound like a native speaker and other various topics.
The panelists include:
- Gayle Jeffers, Sigma Delta Pi president and bilingual education doctoral student
- Spencer L. Key, bilingual education doctoral student
- Irina Mozuliova, Classical and Modern Languages and Literature doctoral candidate
- James Haney, Classical and Modern Languages and Literature student
- Sebastian Shaffer, Lubbock High School student
- Stephanie Tarigan, Lubbock High School student
Comfort Pratt, bilingual education and diversity studies and secondary education associate professor and Sigma Delta Pi adviser, will moderate the forum.
To RSVP, email Gayle Jeffers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Comfort Pratt, adviser, Sigma Delta Pi, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-5710 or email@example.com.