Texas Tech University Career Services Hosts StrengthsQuest Week
February 21, 2011
University Career Services invites students and faculty to participate in StrengthsQuest
Written by Jaryn Jones
Texas Tech University Careers Services is offering a variety of events Monday-Thursday
as part of StrengthsQuest Week. Students and faculty are invited to discover, develop
and apply their top strengths through various discussions, games and presentations.
Small group discussions will take place each day and focus on eight or nine of the
34 individual strengths. The discussions will elaborate on how to use these strengths
to achieve success in personal, professional and classroom settings.
Monday, Feb. 21
- The StrengthsQuest kick-off will take place at noon in TLTC room 153 of the library.
Students are invited to enjoy free pizza while learning what StrengthsQuest is all
about. There will also be a game of StrengthsQuest Jeopardy.
Tuesday, Feb. 22
- “StrengthsQuest in the Classroom”- Faculty and staff are encouraged to come explore
and discuss ways to use StrengthsQuest to help students excel academically. The seminar
will be held at noon in the Lubbock Room of the Student Union Building.
- Small Group Discussion will be held at 3 p.m. in the Student Union Playa Room.
Wednesday, Feb. 23
- Small Group Discussion will be held at 2 p.m. in the Student Union Senate Room.
- “StrengthsQuest in Your Job Search” – Students are invited to hear how to use their
individual strengths in professional endeavors including interviews, networking and
job searching. The seminar will take place from 3:30-4 p.m. in the University Career
Services presentation room of the Wiggins Complex.
Thursday, Feb. 24
- Thursday is StrengthsQuest Game Day. Faculty and students are encouraged to come play
StrengthsQuest Millionaire, StrengthsQuest Charades and StrengthsQuest Bingo. Games
will be played from 1-3 p.m. in the Student Union Red Raider Lounge, and prizes will
be awarded to the winners.
- Small Group Discussion will be held at 3 p.m. in the Playa Room of the Student Union
To learn more about StrengthsQuest or to take the assessment, visit http://www.depts.ttu.edu/strengthsquest/. The assessment takes approximately 40 minutes to complete.
For more information visit www.careerservices.ttu.edu or search StrengthsQuest Texas Tech University on Facebook.
CONTACT: Amanda Schaefer, assistant director, University Career Services, Texas Tech
University, (806) 742-2474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.