‘Talking about safety is something that scientists do’ (or, at least, should)

Central Science -- My story looking into the details of the January incident at Texas Tech University is out today: Texas Tech Lessons. In short, a graduate student made way too much of an extremely hazardous material, didn’t use protective equipment, and got badly hurt when the substance blew up in his hands. The incident is prompting changes in safety programs not just at TTU but also in research centers funded by the Department of Homeland Security.

Read the rest of the story at Central Science