Staff Members Honored for Superior Service
April 13, 2010
By: Sally Post
Select staff members received Quality Service Awards for providing excellent customer
service in their field.
Quality Service Award winners were nominated for the award and selected by a committee
for their superior work. Click image to enlarge.
Texas Tech staff members were recognized for providing excellent customer service
in the performance of their jobs with Quality Service Awards.
“Our staff members are the heart of our university and are often the first impression
people have of Texas Tech,” said President Guy Bailey. “I am delighted we could recognize
a few of our superb staff members for their outstanding work.”
One staff member received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence and a $1,500 check.
Twenty-one individuals received the President’s Quality Service Award and a $500
check. Three team awards were also presented. Winners were nominated for the awards
and selected by a committee. Nominees are judged on a number of criteria based on
outstanding customer service.
Chancellor's Award for Excellence
- Dan Burns, associate director of the United Spirit Arena, received the Chancellor’s
Award for Excellence.
President’s Quality Service Award
- Srirangam Addepalli and Ravi Vadapalli, High Performance Computing Center
- Angela Beikmann and Sylvia Garcia, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Deborah Bowen, Recreational Sports
- John Brocklehurst and Andy Villarreal, Physical Plant - utilities
- Yolanda Coronado and Alan Cushman, Hospitality Services
- Shelley Ducatt, Student Disability Services
- Lacey Ellis, Human Resource Services
- Angela Forney, University Student Housing
- Mark Grimson, Department of Biological Sciences
- Katy Henderson, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Monica Hicks, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dorothy Kruse and Charles Leatherwood, Grounds Maintenance
- Pam Roberson, Office of the Provost
- Noel Sloan, Financial Affairs
- Mike Smith, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Shelly Walraven, Information Technology
- Exa Goode, Sandy Jansen, Emily Knopp, Brian Uline and Elizabeth Stuart in Audit Services
- Jim Anderson, Bobbie Latham, Ethan Logan and Becky Wilson in Enrollment Management
- Thomas Reynolds, Sarah Timmons, Janet Veal and Richard Verrone in the Honors College