Car, Bike Clinic and Safety Fair Today
November 11, 2009
Register to win a free parking permit at the free car, bike clinic and safety fair.
Written by: Heather Medley
A survey taken by Road and Travel Magazine shows that college students wished they'd
taken better care of their cars.
When: Wednesday, Nov. 11 from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Location: C17 parking lot, west of the School of Law Building.
Let Scott’s Complete Car Care check get you ready to hit the road while you enjoy
free food, great prizes and register for a chance to win a free parking permit. Spider
Climber, Rock Wall and Segway Rides will be available too! Come try your skills.
Everyone is welcome. For more information contact: University Parking Services at
- Mechanics from Scott’s Complete Car Care will be on hand to check fluids, belts,
tires, and other car essentials free of charge.
- Make yourself aware of the dangers of Drowsy Driving and visit with SGA and Student Health Services.
- Broadway Bikes and Bike Tech will provide free bike inspections, brake adjustments, lubrication, and tire sealant
for slow leaks.
- Car Seat Checks will be hosted by the Injury Prevention Coalition. Make sure that your most precious cargo is safe. If your car seat is not safe,
there will be free car seats available.
- Texas Tech Police Department will be registering bicycles for free!
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) will show students what alcohol induced delayed response time and vision impairment
- The Help End Auto Theft (HEAT) Task Force will register vehicles.
- Learn about Road Raiders - Hundreds of members of the Texas Tech Association of Parents
from across the nation have volunteered to assist Tech students and parents as they
travel away from home, whether it be a needed road break, information, or emergency
help. The entire list is printed in city/town order in the student newspaper prior
to each holiday break or travel period. View or download Road Raiders.
University Parking Services sponsors the Car Clinic three times a year: before the
Thanksgiving holiday, before Spring Break and before the start of the fall semester.
Community members also are welcome to bring their vehicles in for a free check.