Texas Tech College of Human Sciences to Host Human Sciences Week
September 26, 2008
Texas Tech University's College of Human Sciences will host its 26th Annual Human
Sciences Week Oct. 6-10.
Written by Jessica Benham
Texas Tech University's College of Human Sciences will host its 26th Annual Human Sciences Week Oct. 6-10.
The event will honor distinguished alumni, highlight academic endeavors and increase
public awareness of the college.
- Oct. 7: Texas Tech Design Expo luncheon will be held at noon at the Merket Alumni
Center. The Design Expo will be held from 4 - 6:30 p.m., and the American Society
of Interior Designers Expo After Party will be held at 7 p.m. at the Merket Alumni
- Oct. 8: Last Lecture at 3 p.m. in the College of Human Sciences, room 169. Marsha
Sharp, assistant athletic director and founder of the United Future Leaders Program,
will deliver a speech on ethics.
- Oct. 9: Spotlight on Research will be held from 8 a.m. to noon at the Texas Tech University
Library Croslin Room. Researchers will be available from 11 a.m. until noon to answer
- Oct. 9: Last Lecture at 8:30 a.m. in the College of Human Sciences room 169. Walter
B. Huffman, dean and W. Frank Newton Professor of Law at Texas Tech will speak on
- Oct. 9: Distinguished Alumni Luncheon will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at
the Red Raider Ballroom in the Student Union Building. The luncheon will recognize
extraordinary achievement and service among alumni and friends. Reservations are required.
- Oct. 9: 2nd Annual Cathy Nathan Fun Walk/Run at 2:30 p.m. The event will begin at the Talkington
Plaza located at Broadway Street and Akron Avenue.
- Oct. 11: Homecoming Reception will be held at the College of Human Sciences Dean's
Courtyard. Family and friends are invited to come help celebrate homecoming. Food
and games are available for all in attendance. The time will be announced once the
football game time is set. For more information contact Jo Ann Altman at (806) 742-3264,
or visit www.depts.ttu.edu/hs/hs-week.php
CONTACT: Jo Ann Altman, supervisor of college development and external relations,
College of Human Sciences, (806) 742- 3264, or firstname.lastname@example.org