Employees Honored with Quality Service Awards
May 9, 2008
Staff members recognized for representing the university with excellent customer service.
Nineteen staff members were honored with Quality Service awards for their excellent
customer service. Click to enlarge.
Outstanding members of the university staff were honored May 6 with Quality Service
The awards, established in 1990, recognize those who provide excellent customer service
in the performance of their jobs.
“Our faculty and staff are the lifeblood of this institution and we really appreciate
them,” said Chancellor Kent Hance.
“It’s important that we take this opportunity to recognize some of our staff members
who have really distinguished themselves in the past year.”
This year, three staff members received the top award, the Chancellor’s Award of Excellence
in Quality Service and a $1,500 check. Sixteen individuals received the President’s
Quality Service Award, which carries a $500 cash award.
Winners were nominated for the awards and selected by a committee. Nominees are judged
on a number of criteria based on outstanding customer service.
Chancellor's Award of Excellence in Quality Service:
- Margarito “Sammy” Arguello, MailTech
- Kim Brock, Office of International Affairs
- Sean Duggan, University Student Housing
President's Quality Service Award:
- Delia Arteaga-Flores, Division of Outreach and Distance Education, Texas Tech University
Independent School District
- Melyssa Boswell, School of Law Library
- Randy Norwood, School of Law Library
- George Crawford, Physical Plant
- James Day, Division of Outreach and Distance Education
- David Dorsett, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Carlene Kelly, Technology Support
- Karen Medlin, Texas Tech University Press
- Norma Paige, College of Arts and Sciences student division
- Jerry Perez, High Performance Computing Center
- Lindsay Reed, College of Human Sciences
- Maria Rosales, Grounds Maintenance
- Norma Sanchez; Department of Nutrition, Hospitality and Retailing
- Yesenia Sanchez, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Joann Stephenson, Department of Health, Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Vi Vance, Grounds Maintenance
Story produced by the Office of Communications and Marketing, (806) 742-2136. Photo by Joey Hernandez.