This year’s homecoming theme is “Raiderpalooza: We bring the festival, you bring the music!” and will offer several events for students and the Lubbock community.
Red Raiders everywhere are gearing up to celebrate Homecoming Week.
This year's homecoming events will kick off at noon Monday (Oct. 15) in the Student Union Building (SUB) North Plaza and end Oct. 20 with the football game against Kansas at Jones AT&T Stadium.
Texas Tech University will host several homecoming events for students, alumni and the Lubbock community. All events will be based around the theme “Raiderpalooza: We bring the festival, you bring the music!” Claire Maginness, associate director of Student Union & Activities, said student organizations, campus departments and community businesses will be able to show off their creativity at different events during the week and are guaranteed to provide entertainment for all.
“Homecoming week is a time for Red Raiders, young and old, to come together and celebrate Texas Tech University and the role it plays in all of our lives,” Maginness said. “The events this year are centered around our theme “Raiderpalooza: we bring the festival, you bring the music!” and will feature music through the ages.”
Homecoming Week events include:
- Student Organization Sing: 8 p.m. Tuesday (Oct. 16), United Supermarkets Arena
- Tamale Fest: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday (Oct. 17), sponsored by Cru, on the south lawn of the Architecture building
- Techsan Memorial: 5:30 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 18), Memorial Circle
- Homecoming Stepshow: 7 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 18), sponsored by Pan-Hellenic, SUB Allen Theatre. Purchase tickets here.
- Top Techsan Luncheon: Noon Friday (Oct. 19), McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center. Purchase tickets here.
- Rowdy Raider Rally: Noon-12:50 p.m. Friday (Oct. 19), SUB North Plaza
- Homecoming Parade: 6 p.m. Friday (Oct. 19), Texas Tech Broadway entrance
- A Matador Evening honoring Bill Dean: 6 p.m. Friday (Oct. 19), Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. Purchase tickets here.
- Pep Rally and Bonfire: 8 p.m. Friday (Oct. 19), Urbanovsky Park
- RaiderGate: 10:30 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 20), R-1 parking lot, 15th Street and Detroit Avenue
- Frazier Pregame Party: 11:30 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 20), Frazier Alumni Pavilion
In the event of inclement weather, the parade and bonfire will be cancelled. The pep rally rainout location will be the United Supermarkets Arena.
For a full schedule of events, visit the Texas Tech homecoming website.