The number of freshmen National Merit Finalists increased by more than 60 percent.
Fall 2018 is starting off with a bang for Texas Tech University.
According to enrollment numbers released today (Sept. 13), the university set new records in overall enrollment, freshman class enrollment, National Merit finalists, Presidential Scholarship recipients and first- and second-year student retention rates.
At a glance, here are the notable 2018 numbers:
- Overall enrollment – 38,246 students (up 3.3 percent from 2017)
- Freshman class – 6,173 students (up 4.9 percent from 2017)
- National Merit finalists – 26 freshmen (up 62.5 percent from 2017) and 57 total
- Presidential Scholarship recipients – 2,310 freshmen and 623 transfer students
- First-year retention – 85 percent
- Second-year retention – 74.5 percent
The average SAT score also increased to 1,167 this year.
CONTACT: Chris Cook, managing director, Office of Communications & Marketing, Texas Tech University, (806) 742-2136 or firstname.lastname@example.org