Students can participate in more than 45 events.
The Texas Tech University Office of Transition & Engagement will host the Winter Raider Welcome Monday (Jan. 15) through Saturday (Jan. 20). New and returning students can participate in more than 45 fun and free events.
“Winter Raider Welcome is a great way to celebrate the beginning of a new semester, while reconnecting to all the great programs and services available across campus,” said Rachel Jackson, associate director of Transition & Engagement. “Whether you're new or returning to campus, these events will help you prepare for a successful semester and experience what it means to be a Red Raider.”
Throughout the week, students can participate in events focused on academic success, wellness and recreation, social connections, culture and diversity, community involvement and Texas Tech traditions.
Some of the events throughout the week include:
- CrossFit Texas Tech Fitness Class: 5:30 p.m. Monday (Jan. 15) in the CrossFit Texas Tech Room at the Robert H. Ewalt Recreation Center
- Barnes & Noble Welcome Day: 10 a.m. Tuesday (Jan. 16) at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore in the Student Union Building (SUB)
- Coffee, Cocoa and Cookies with Student Disability Services: 9 a.m. Wednesday (Jan. 17) in Room 335, West Hall
- The Winter Glitter Gala with the Gender and Sexuality Association: 7 p.m. Wednesday (Jan. 17) in the Matador Room of the SUB
- United Blood Services Blood Drive: 11 a.m. Friday (Jan. 19) in the Bloodmobile outside of the SUB
- Trivia Night with the Residence Hall Association: 6 p.m. Friday (Jan. 19) at the Chitwood/Weymouth Learning Center
“We know students who attend Raider Welcome events are more confident when they start classes because they meet new friends, explore academic and co-curricular opportunities, learn to navigate campus and experience Texas Tech traditions,” Jackson said. “It's a great way to start the new year off strong.”
For a full schedule and more information on each event, visit the Winter Raider Welcome website. Join the conversation on social media and enter to win free prizes by following @TTUengagement on Twitter and using the hashtag #raiderwelcome.