Red Raiders Give Back to the Community
November 10, 2017
Various campus departments and organizations are collecting donations for the holidays.
Several groups at Texas Tech University are doing their part to help local organizations
and others in need. Below are some of the donation drives happening, along with information
on how to donate.
Parenting Cottage of Lubbock Kids Book Drive
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, Nov. 1-24
- Hosted by Student Union and Activities
- All books donated will help children and families through the Parenting Cottage of Lubbock. Any hard-covered small books or board books for children age 5 and under will be
accepted. Donors may drop off books at the Student Activities Board office in the
basement of the Student Union Building, Suite 020.
Contact: Jon Mark Bernal, (806) 742-3636 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Can Share
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, Oct. 30-Nov. 30
- Hosted by Student Activities Board
- The Tech Can Share canned food drive benefits the South Plains Food Bank. Donors may drop off canned
and non-perishable food items like vegetables, tuna, pasta and rice at the Student
Activities Board office in the basement of the Student Union Building, Suite 020.
There will also be drop-off days on Nov. 15 and Nov. 30 where donors can drop off
items from noon to 1 p.m. at the Student Union Building Copy/Mail. Items in glass
containers will not be accepted. Monetary donations can be made online on the Tech
Can Share website.
- The Texas Tech Alumni Association and the Student Alumni Board are also collecting peanut butter for Tech Can Share. Peanut butter donations can
be dropped off at the McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center at 17th St. & University Ave.
Contact: Gabrielle Diaz, (806) 742-4708 or email@example.com
Museum and Heritage Student Association Canned Food Drive
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays excluding Mondays, Nov. 1-30
- Hosted by the Museum and Heritage Student Association
- Donated food will help the South Plains Food Bank. Donors can drop off canned food,
peanut butter, cereal, pasta and soup at the Museum of Texas Tech University at 3301 4th St. in the break room. The food drive is open to all museum administration,
faculty, staff, students and those who are a part of the Lubbock Lake Landmark.
Contact: Ivana Montenegro, (806) 742-2442 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hands of Hope Collection Drive
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, Oct. 2-Dec. 1
- Hosted by Women’s & Gender Studies
- Items donated through the Hands of Hope Collection Drive will benefit Women’s Protective Services. Donors may drop off blankets, diapers,
toiletries, laundry supplies and office supplies at the Women’s & Genders Studies
office in Doak Hall, Room 123. For more information on items you can bring or the
Hands of Hope Collection Drive, visit the website.
Contact: Patricia Earl, (806) 834-5250 or email@example.com
Mentor Tech Food Drive
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, Nov. 1-Dec. 5
- Hosted by Mentor Tech
- The annual food drive is part of the South Plains Food Bank U Can Share Food Drive.
Mentor Tech’s goal is to collect 2,000 pounds of non-perishable food items. Donors
can bring shelf-stable milk, canned fish and poultry, whole grain cereal and macaroni
and cheese to the Mentor Tech office at Doak Hall, Room 106.
Contact: Lett Hernandez, (806) 742-8692 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Toys for Tickets
- 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays, Nov. 20-Dec. 12
- Hosted by Transportation & Parking Services
- The 12th annual Toys for Tickets program benefits the U.S. Marines Toys for Tots program. Anyone with unpaid parking
citations may bring new, unwrapped toys with a receipt of at least the value of the
citation. All donations are welcome and do not require a citation dismissal. Toys
can be turned in at the Transportation & Parking Services office at 407 Flint Ave.
Contact: Stacy Stockard, (806) 742-7275 or email@example.com
Wreck Hunger: TTU Graduate and International Food Pantry Food Drive
- The Wreck Hunger Food Pantry is asking for help restocking pantry shelves. The Food Pantry needs tuna, canned
chicken, low-sodium canned vegetables, canned fruit and dried pasta. Other items can
be found in the Food Pantry’s Wish List. Donations can be dropped off at the food pantry in the Graduate Center, Administration
Building, Room 41, or delivered to the Food Pantry from their Amazon or Walmart wish lists.
Contact: Ashlee Taylor, (806) 834-8223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KTXT Toy Drive
Contact: Haylee Uptergrove, (806) 834-1326 or email@example.com
Find Texas Tech news, experts and story ideas at Texas Tech Today Media Resources or follow us on .