The event precedes Transgender Day of Remembrance and the conclusion of Trans Remembrance Week.
WHAT: The Texas Tech University Office of LGBTQIA and the Texas Tech Gender and Sexuality Association (GSA) will host the Trans Remembrance Week Vigil and Celebration of Life. The night serves as a prelude to Transgender Day of Remembrance and offers the LGBTQIA and Lubbock communities a time to remember, reflect and honor.
WHEN: 8 p.m. Thursday (Nov. 16)
WHERE: Hance Chapel, 2511 7th St.
EVENT: The night's schedule is as follows:
- 8 p.m. – Welcoming remarks by Reverend Terry Purvis-Smith and Viet Nguyen, president of Texas Tech's GSA
- 8:10 p.m. – Performance by Texas Tech Choral Ensemble conducted by Carolyn Cruse, associate director of Choral Studies.
- 8:20 p.m. – Reading of names followed by a moment of silence and chimes for lives lost.
- 8:40 p.m. – Postlude musical selection performed by Betty Dotts followed by a personal reflection from Texas Tech student Cameron Crumbley.
- 8:55 p.m. – Closing remarks by Purvis-Smith.
CONTACT: Jody Randall, assistant director, Office of LGBTQIA, Campus Life, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-2601 or email@example.com