A ceremony will recognize Texas Tech military alumni.
WHAT: The Texas Tech University Military & Veterans Programs will host a ceremony to dedicate a Wall of Honor recognizing university alumni who have distinguished themselves in military service.
WHEN: 10 a.m. Wednesday (Nov. 1)
WHERE: Northeast foyer, first floor, Drane Hall
EVENT: Six honorees will be recognized at the ceremony:
- 2nd Lt. George O'Brien – Medal of Honor recipient
- Pfc. Herman Wallace – Medal of Honor recipient
- Col. Rick Husband – Congressional Space Medal of Honor recipient
- Maj. Troy Gilbert – Distinguished Flying Cross recipient
- Maj. John Wells – Navy Cross recipient
- Staff Sgt. Steve Morin Jr. – Bronze Star recipient
The Wall of Honor will serve as a tribute to the courage, service and sacrifice of these brave men and an inspiration to current and future Red Raiders. The Gold Star parents of Morin will be in attendance. The ceremony will include welcome remarks, a brief background of each honoree and the unveiling. The event is free and open to the public.
CONTACT: Lou Ortiz, director, Military & Veterans Programs, Texas Tech University, (806) 834-6538 or email@example.com