Chancellor, President to Announce Distinguished Faculty Award Winners
WHAT: Announcement of the annual Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Awards at Texas Tech University
WHEN: 3 p.m. Friday (Feb. 10)
WHERE: Forum Room, Texas Tech School of Law, 1802 Hartford Ave.
EVENT: Texas Tech University System Chancellor Robert L. Duncan and Lawrence Schovanec, Texas Tech president, will present the winners of the annual Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Awards to seven faculty members at Texas Tech University.
Distinguished Teaching Awards
- Karen L. Alexander, associate professor, College of Human Sciences
- Lora Deahl, professor, J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Cynthia B. McKenney, professor, College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
Distinguished Research Awards
- Michael Ballou, associate professor and associate dean, College of Agriculture Sciences & Natural Resources
- Yoojin Chae, assistant professor, College of Human Sciences
- Harvinder Singh Gill, associate professor, Edward E. Whitacre Jr. College of Engineering
- Michael P. Jordan, assistant professor, College of Arts and Sciences
The Chancellor's Council helps advance the important work of the Texas Tech University System and its four component institutions – Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso.
The council is celebrating its 50th anniversary and was originally created in 1967 as the President's Council to recognize donors who helped Texas Tech accomplish its highest goals. The program was renamed and expanded in 1996 with the establishment of the Texas Tech University System. Today, the Chancellor's Council plays a vital role in creating opportunities for all four universities. Among the many areas, the council funds student scholarships, faculty awards and top scholar recruitment.
The award recipients receive a $5,000 stipend and an engraved medallion.
CONTACT: Scott Lacefield, senior director, Communications and Marketing, Texas Tech University System, (806) 742-0012 or email@example.com