Expert: Friday the 13th May Be Nothing to Fear
November 13, 2015
Whether it's the number or the date, pop-culture expert Rob Weiner is available to
discuss the superstition.
Call it what you want, friggatriskaidekaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia, both are
defined as the fear of Friday the 13th, but perhaps the only thing we may have to fear is fear itself.
Rob Weiner, associate librarian and pop culture expert, Texas Tech University Library,
(806) 834-5126 office, (806) 780-8775 mobile, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The superstition of Friday the 13th
- The Friday the 13th movie and television series
- Friday the 13th in popular culture
- “I think the whole Friday the 13th thing gets blown out of proportion. It is like the 13th floor not existing in hotels and office buildings. One of those weird superstitions
where the no. 13 is supposedly cursed.”
- “The Friday the 13th movie franchise certainly helped perpetuate the notion, but it also brought about
one of the most popular Boogie-men in film history, Jason, through the course of 12
films. The franchise made millions and became part of the general popular culture
landscape with Jason being the subject of books, action figures, cartoons, fan films
and fiction and even mash-ups.”