The program is part of National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week from Oct. 19-24.
Texas Tech University will participate in National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week starting Oct. 19. The events will end Oct. 24 with a Pack the Jones Watch Party for the Texas Tech – Oklahoma game. The week is hosted by several on-campus departments including Student Union & Activities, Risk Intervention & Safety Education (RISE) and University Student Housing.
“My goal is to find a way to show the campus is coming together to support safety around alcohol use at Texas Tech,” said Claire Maginness, assistant director for student activities. “National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week is an initiative to showcase as many resources as possible on campus to show the students and student organizations the faculty and staff at Texas Tech care about alcohol-free programming and their safety.”
The Alcohol Awareness Week events are:
- The MythBusters Wall sponsored by Beta Theta Pi and RISE
- Letters to my Former Self sponsored by the Association of Students About Service (ASAS), RISE and the Center for Collegiate Recovery Communities Across Campus
- The Regret Blog sponsored by RISE.
- Resources on and off campus are available all week on OrgSync
- Raiders Against Drunk Driving (RADD) will give away “Don't Drink & Drive” items from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Union Building (SUB) across from CopyMail.
- Be Aware Rec Fair from 4-7 p.m. at the Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreation Center
- DWI Simulators hosted by Phi Delta Theta and RISE from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the SUB North Plaza.
- Tech Activities Board (TAB) hosts Crossing the Line & Drunk Goggle Obstacle Course from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the SUB North Plaza.
- The Interfraternity Council and RISE host Life Size Battleship from 9-11 p.m. in the Red Raider Lounge.
- RISE and University Student Housing host Raiders Respond: Bystander Intervention in the Senate Room from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- The School of Theatre and Dance and ASAS host Plays on Tap: One Acts and Discussion from 3:30-5 p.m.in the SUB Ballroom.
- The Center for Addiction and Recovery hosts Celebration of Recovery from 7-8 p.m. at the Center for Addiction and Recovery.
- ASAS hosts the Thursday Night Movie “28 Days” at 10 p.m. in the SUB Escondido Theatre.
- Zombie Run for Recovery Obstacle Race from 5-9 p.m. at Urbanovsky Park.
- Pack the Jones Watch Party for the Texas Tech – Oklahoma football game sponsored by the Student Government Association and RISE. The watch party will start 30 minutes before kickoff.