WHAT: Texas Tech honors 14th anniversary of 9/11
- Operation Gratitude with the Honors College and House of Haragan
- Retreat Ceremony
WHEN: Friday (Sept. 11)
- Operation Gratitude: 1-3 p.m.
- Retreat Ceremony: 4:45 p.m.
WHERE: Texas Tech University
- Operation Gratitude: McClellan Hall Honors College Forum
- Retreat Ceremony: Memorial Circle
- To commemorate the 14th anniversary of 9/11, Texas Tech University will host two events to remember the life-changing day.
The Honors College, House of Haragan and the Military and Veterans Programs will provide a chance for students, faculty and staff to express their gratitude to current service members by writing letters to military men and women overseas. The event is a part of Operation Gratitude, a program that sends 15,000-plus care packages annually to new recruits, veterans, first responders, wounded warriors, care givers and individually named service members deployed overseas.
The Texas Tech University Air Force ROTC and the Military and Veterans Programs also will host a retreat ceremony with 19 military officers from Cannon Air Force Base to honor those who lost their lives 14 years ago. Guests are invited to gather inside Memorial Circle at 4:45 to watch the 15-minute ceremony. A few words will be spoken before the flag is lowered and taken down for the day.