Public Media Presents 'PBS KIDS Summer Safari'
July 10, 2015
The event is free and open to the public, and it will provide kids with educational
entertainment, engaging programs, activities and events.
WHAT: "PBS KIDS Summer Safari" by Texas Tech University Public Media
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (July 11)
WHERE: Science Spectrum & Omni Theater
2579 S. Loop 289, Suite 250, Lubbock, Texas 79423
Texas Tech Public Media will offer educational entertainment and activities for its "PBS KIDS Summer Safari" event. It is free and open to the public.
Activities and events include:
- Two screenings of new "Wild Kratts" episodes at 10:15 a.m. and noon
- Activity booths
- PBS KIDS app station
- Appearances by Clifford the Big Red Dog and Tex the Tooth (Abbeville Dentistry)
- Snacks provided by Chick-fil-A from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- KTTZ Summer Safari activity books and sheets
- PBS KIDS reading center
- A chance to win an iPad Mini and PBS KIDS prizes
- Two live animal demonstrations on stage in the Science Spectrum lobby after both screenings
of "Wild Kratts"
- Animal and activity booths provided by the Science Spectrum
Kids also will have the opportunity to join the KTTZ Kids Club for free, which includes
programming for families like "Curious George," "Sid the Science Kid," "Wild Kratts"
and "Arthur" along with other award-winning PBS children's programs.
CONTACT: Becky Ivey, marketing director, Texas Tech Public Media, Texas Tech University, (806) 742-2209 or email@example.com.