The awards recognize excellence in academics and research.
WHAT: Announcement of annual Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching, Research Awards at Texas Tech University
WHEN: 2 p.m., Feb. 11 (Wednesday)
WHERE: Red Raider Lounge, Student Union Building, Texas Tech University
EVENT: Texas Tech University System Chancellor Robert Duncan and M. Duane Nellis, Texas Tech University president, will present the winners of the annual Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Awards to six faculty members at Texas Tech University.
Distinguished Teaching Awards
- James “Jim” Brink, associate professor, Honors College
- Jorge Ramírez, J.D., professor and associate dean, School of Law
- Aliza Wong, associate professor, Department of History; associate dean, Honors College
Distinguished Research Awards
- Carla Davis Cash, associate professor, School of Music, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Changzhi Li, associate professor, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, Whitacre College of Engineering
- Shu Wang, associate professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Human Sciences
The Chancellor's Council helps advance the important work of the Texas Tech University System and its four universities ― Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Angelo State University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso.
Originally created in 1967 as the President's Council to recognize donors who helped Texas Tech University accomplish its highest goals, the program was renamed and expanded in 1996 with the establishment of the Texas Tech University System. Today, the Chancellor's Council continues to play a vital part in creating opportunities at all four universities. Among many areas, the Chancellor's Council funds student scholarships, faculty awards and top scholar recruitment.
The Chancellor's Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Awards recognize excellence in academics and research, and represent the most prestigious honors granted to faculty members throughout the Texas Tech University System. Each winner receives a commemorative medallion and a $5,000 award.
CONTACT: Doug Hensley, Office of Communications & Marketing, Texas Tech University System, (806) 742-0057, or email@example.com.