February 4, 2014
Texas Tech Meat Judging Team
Texas Tech enjoyed a 23-point victory at the Southwestern Livestock Exposition’s Intercollegiate Meat Judging Contest in Fort Worth on Monday (Feb. 3). The team also won several divisions, including reasons, total beef, beef judging, lamb judging and pork judging. Teams from Colorado State University, Texas A&M University, University of Wyoming and Oklahoma State University completed the top five teams.
The 12-member team boasted three individuals in the top-ten overall and three individuals in the top ten of the alternate’s division. The team is coached by graduate students Drew Cashman and Loni Woolley along with Travis O’Quinn, a post-doctoral research associate, and Mark Miller,aprofessor and the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Chair in Meat Science.
Team members who received overall individual honors include:
• Lukas Ziegler, a junior from New Windsor, Md., was high individual
• Kaitlyn Farmer, a junior from Aztec, N.M., was fourth-high individual
• Zachary Grimsley, a sophomore from Abernathy, was eighth-high individual
• Caetlyn Avant, a senior from Copeville, was high individual in the alternate division
• Chad Vander Linden, a junior from Muscatine, Iowa, was second in the alternate division
• Lindsey Drey, a sophomore from Houston, was eighth in the alternate division
Additional team members include:
• Jeremy Garcia, a junior from Houston
• DeShea Hanagan, a sophomore from Artesia, N.M.
• David Holland, a junior from Killeen
• Mehgan Murray, a sophomore from Wylie
• Autumn Ritchey, a sophomore from Houston
• Linay Runnels, a sophomore from Hondo
For a complete list of results, visit www.judgingcard.com.
The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources is made up of six departments:
The college also consists of eleven research centers and institutes, including the Cotton Economics Research Institute, the International Cotton Research Center and the Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute.Facebook