Expert: “Catching Fire” has Potential to Reignite “Hunger Games” Fanatics
November 18, 2013
“Catching Fire” opens nationwide Nov. 22 and has the potential to follow in the footsteps
of the first film.
“Catching Fire” opens nationwide Nov. 22, and is the much-anticipated sequel to the
global box-office smash “The Hunger Games,” based on the literary trilogy of the same
name. This latest adaptation has the potential to follow in the footsteps of the first
film, as the book’s author slowly reveals how the dark and lethal competition came
Rob Weiner, associate librarian and pop culture expert, Texas Tech University Library,
(806) 742-2238 ext. 282 office, (806) 780-8775 mobile, or email@example.com.
- The darkness of the sequel, as compared to the first.
- The evolution of Jennifer Lawrence and her star power since the first film.
- The fact that the third installment is available to eager readers.
- “It is difficult to gauge whether the second film will be labeled as better than the
first, but the intrigue of the story is likely to get fans to return to the theater.”
- “Jennifer Lawrence is now a huge star and an Oscar winner, so the perception of her
as an actress is different in this film.”
- “As long as the dystopian series can continue to be compelling to audiences conceptually,
then I think it will be a success.”