April 4, 2011
University Student Housing will host its Professing Excellence award ceremony at 3 p.m. Wednesday (April 6) in the Student Union Matador Room.
The award recognizes 10 instructors who have demonstrated exceptional educational skills and go above and beyond, both inside and outside the classroom, to impact their students’ learning and academic success.
Professors were nominated by students who thought their professor exemplified the title. The 38 nominations were judged on outstanding teaching, surpassing teaching expectations, impacting student learning and academic success, and overall nomination quality. From the 38 recommendations, 10 winners were selected by a student committee.
The award-winning professors include:
• Dominick Casadonte, professor, chemistry and biochemistry
• Michael Dini, associate professor, biological sciences
• Tamara Hanna, instructor, chemistry and biochemistry
• Erin Hardin, associate professor, psychology
• RayChel Lowrance, instructor, English
• Janice Lupton, instructor, curriculum and instruction
• William Pasewark, professor, Rawls College of Business
• Magdalena Toda, associate professor, mathematics and statistics
• Diane Wood, professor, classical and modern languages and literatures
• Jorge Zamora, associate professor, classical and modern languages and literatures
Additionally, awards will be presented to individuals who participated in this year’s Last Lecture series, programs where faculty and academic staff give a memorable lecture to students, faculty and staff members inside the residence halls. Last Lecture participants included:
• Stephen Fritz, interim dean of the honors college
• William Gustafson, associate professor, family financial planning
CONTACT: Tim Bonson, graduate assistant, University Student Housing,
(806) 742-1069 or email@example.com; Aaron Taliaferro, graduate assistant, University Student Housing, (806) 742-2603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.