Let the Games Begin
October 27, 2010
Homecoming week is Nov. 1-6.
Written by Jaryn Jones
Texas Tech will celebrate Homecoming Nov. 1-6 with a week of events and activities.
Banner displays based on this year’s board game theme, Let the Games Begin, will
be featured in the Student Union Building throughout the week. Spirit Boards painted
by various campus organizations will be displayed at the Broadway Avenue entrance.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure ribbons will be sold at all Tech Activities Board events.
This year’s homecoming events include:
Monday, Nov. 1
- Homecoming Kickoff will take place at noon in the North Plaza outside the Student Union.
- Members of various Texas Tech student organizations will compete in Student Organization
(S.O.) Sing at 8 p.m. in the United Spirit Arena.
Tuesday, Nov. 2
- A tarot card reader will be available from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Student Union West
- Students are encouraged to participate in the blood drive from 2 p.m.-10 p.m. in
the Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreational Center Racquetball Courts.
Wednesday, Nov. 3rd
- Green Screen Board Game Photos will be displayed from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Student
Union West Basement.
- A free movie will show at 3 p.m. in the Student Union Escondido Theater.
- Tech Activities Board will host a comedy night featuring Ralphie May at 8 p.m. in the Student Union Allen Theater.
Thursday, Nov. 4th
- Candyland & Footballs will be held at 11 a.m. in the Student Union West Basement.
- The Techsan Memorial will take place at 5:30 p.m. in Memorial Circle to honor students, faculty, staff
and alumni who have passed away.
- A free movie will show at 7:30 p.m. in the Student Union Allen Theater.
Friday, Nov. 5th
- Campus Crusade for Christ will sponsor Tamale Fest from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Urbanovsky Park.
- The Texas Tech Alumni Association will sponsor the Top Techsan Luncheon at noon in the Merket Alumni Center.
- The Homecoming Court and Spirit Board winners will be announced at the Rowdy Raider
Rally at noon in the North Plaza outside the Student Union.
- The annual Homecoming dinner and reception, A Night to Remember, will be held at 6 p.m. in the Merket Alumni Center.
- The 2010 Homecoming Step Show – West Texas Showdown will be held at 7 p.m. in the
Student Union Allen Theater.
- Students are invited to show their Texas Tech spirit at the Pep Rally & Bonfire at
9 p.m. at the Rugby Fields.
Saturday, Nov. 6th
- Texas Tech Alumni Association will sponsor the Red Raider Road Race at 8 a.m. beginning
at the Recreational Center.
- The Homecoming Parade will begin at 10 a.m. at Broadway and Avenue V and end at the
intersection of 18th Street and Indiana Avenue on campus.
- RaiderGate will feature country singer Mark McKinney. Gates open four hours before kickoff.
- The Lady Raider volleyball team will play Nebraska at 6:30 p.m. in the United Spirit
- Texas Tech will face Missouri at Jones AT&T Stadium. Kickoff is at 7 p.m., and the
king and queen will be crowned at halftime.