Texas Tech College of Human Sciences to Host Human Sciences Week
September 30, 2008
The event will honor distinguished alumni, highlight academic endeavors and increase
public awareness of the college.
Written by Jessica Benham
The College of Human Sciences offers a wide range of outstanding programs for graduate
and undergraduate students. Learn More.
The College of Human Sciences will host its 26th Annual Human Sciences Week Oct.
- Oct. 7: Texas Tech Design Expo luncheon will be held at noon at the Merket Alumni
Center. The Design Expo will be held from 4 – 6:30 p.m., and the American Society
of Interior Designers Expo After Party will be held at 7 p.m. at the Merket Alumni
- Oct. 8: Last Lecture at 3 p.m. in the College of Human Sciences, room 169. Marsha
Sharp, assistant athletic director and founder of the United Future Leaders Program,
will deliver a speech on ethics.
- Oct. 9: Spotlight on Research will be held from 8 a.m. to noon at the University
Library Croslin Room. Researchers will be available from 11 a.m. until noon to answer
- Oct. 9: Last Lecture at 8:30 a.m. in the College of Human Sciences room 169. Walt
Huffman, dean and W. Frank Newton Professor of Law at Texas Tech will speak on ethics.
- Oct. 9: Distinguished Alumni Luncheon will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Red Raider Ballroom in the Student
Union Building. The luncheon will recognize extraordinary achievement and service
among alumni and friends. Reservations are required.
- Oct. 9: 2nd Annual Cathy Nathan Fun Walk/Run at 2:30 p.m. The event will begin at
the Talkington Plaza located at Broadway Street and Akron Avenue.
- Oct. 11: Homecoming Reception will be held at 11 a.m. at the College of Human Sciences
Dean’s Courtyard. Family and friends are invited to help celebrate homecoming. Food
and games are available for all in attendance.
For more information on the 26th Annual Human Sciences Week, visit the College of Human Sciences Web site.