Bacon Jalapeño Dressing
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, diced
- 8 cups white bread cubes, toasted
- 6 cups cornbread, crumbled
- Sauté bacon in butter for 5 minutes. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Leave bacon drippings in pan.
- Add onion, celery, jalapeño, thyme and chili powder. Cook 5 minutes. Add chicken broth. Simmer while proceeding with next steps.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, pepper jack cheese and bacon. Add to the white bread cubes and crumbled cornbread.
- Gently mix in onion and celery mixture.
- Spread stuffing in a buttered 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 8 servings