Texas Tech University’s Meat Judging Team enjoyed a 96-point victory Monday (Feb. 4) at the Southwestern Livestock Exposition’s Intercollegiate Meat Judging Contest in Fort Worth. The team dominated almost every division, winning the reasons, placings, total beef, specifications, beef judging, lamb judging and beef grading divisions. Teams from Oklahoma State University, Texas A&M University, South Dakota State University and Angelo State University completed the top-five teams.
The 21-member team boasted four individuals in the top-ten overall and every individual in the top ten of the alternate division. The team is coached by meat science graduate student Loni Woolley and Mark Miller, Horn Professor and the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Chair in Meat Science.
Team members include:
- Brittany Blum, a sophomore from Howe
- Colton Campbell, a sophomore from Artesia, N.M. (eighth-high individual overall)
- Kylan Carson, a sophomore from Olton
- Taelar Childers, a sophomore from Nevada
- Colton Coker, a sophomore from Roby (fourth-high individual overall)
- Aaron Faulkner, a junior from Lenapah, Okla.
- Trey Garza, a sophomore from Edinburg
- Nick Hardcastle, a junior from Wheeler
- Greg Howard, a junior from Bremen, Kan.
- Mallory Jones, a sophomore from Anson
- Kirby Kennedy, a sophomore from Lampasas
- Kristen Knight, a sophomore from Shallowater
- Clayton Krause, a junior from New Braunfels
- Austin Langemeier, a sophomore from Marion (third-high individual overall)
- Jacob Mikel, a junior from Vicky, Mo.
- Tyler Nueman, a sophomore from Hondo
- Kassandra Ognoskie, a sophomore from Orting, Wash.
- Bailey Joe Pennington, a sophomore from Sonora
- Luke Sellers, a junior from Denver City
- Christy Woerner, a sophomore from Fredericksburg (high individual overall)
- William Wunderlich, a sophomore from Fredericksburg