The Distinguished Staff Awards is a broad-based recognition program that rewards staff for hard work, enthusiasm and dedication to Texas Tech.
Tuesday (Jan. 29), the Texas Tech University Office of the Chancellor and Office of the President presented the Distinguished Staff Awards to 31 university employees. The event was held in the International Cultural Center’s Hall of Nations.
The Distinguished Staff Awards is a broad-based recognition program that rewards staff for hard work, enthusiasm and dedication to Texas Tech. The awards are highly competitive and serve to promote greater individual staff recognition across campus.
“This recognition program is important to show staff at Texas Tech the importance of their service and that we value all that they do,” said Grace Hernandez, chief of staff at Texas Tech. “By rewarding dedication to excellence, we further the university’s priority of providing the best possible environment for the success of our students.”
Individual recipients of the 2012 Distinguished Staff Awards are:
- Glenna Andrews, College of Engineering
- Julie Barnett, University Libraries
- Elizabeth Capps, College of Engineering
- Jessica Carrillo, Office of the President
- Melissa Digby, College of Engineering
- Julie Farley, College of Engineering
- Catherine Forrest, College of Arts & Sciences
- Daniel Houchin, Information Technology Division
- LaDonna Johnson, Human Resources
- Mary Lauderback, Theatre and Dance
- Zach Manning, Center for Campus Life
- Heather Medley, Honors College
- Jim Price, School of Music
- Jeff Sammons, College of Engineering
- Juliusz Warzywoda, College of Engineering
- Stephanie West, Human Resources
Additionally, two team awards were given to staff members within the Student Counseling Center and Administration & Finance:
- Student Counseling Center: Sharla Boyd, Bobbi Britton-Stroud, Ashlee Brown, Klinton Hobbs, Michael Iezzi, Richard Lenox, Marie Moerkbak, Christine Odiorne, Nancy Robinson, Lisa Viator, Amanda Wheeler
- Administration & Finance: Jennifer Adling, Simone Barnhill, Noel Sloan, Sharon Williamson
Recipients were nominated by other Texas Tech staff members and selected by a committee comprising past award recipients, the Office of the President and the Office of the Chancellor. At the luncheon, they received an engraved plaque from either Interim President Lawrence Schovanec or Chancellor Kent Hance and also will receive a monetary award ranging from $250 to $2,500.
For more information on each award and to view photos of all recipients, please visit staffawards.ttu.edu.