April 16, 2012
Texas Tech Greek Organizations Honored with Awards
Written by Leslie Cranford
Texas Tech University’s annual Greek Awards Banquet was held April 12 at the Overton Hotel Ballroom.
The awards banquet is an opportunity to acknowledge the successes as members of the Greek community, as individual sororities, fraternities and as Greek alumni.
“Typically fraternity and sorority officers as well as award nominees attend this banquet,” said Megan Robare, Panhellenic advisor for the campus. “Sororities and fraternities had an opportunity to apply for specific awards highlighting a variety of success for individuals in their organization or for the organization as a whole.”
Sororities or fraternities could apply for awards for individual members of the four Greek councils (Panhellenic Council, Multicultural Greek Council (MGC), Interfraternity Council (IFC), and National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)) and individual sororities and fraternities.
• Chapter of the Year: Farmhouse
• Member of the Year: Kish Rajput of Delta Sigma Phi
• Outstanding Alumni: Matt Owens of Sigma Phi Epsilon
• Chapter of the Year: Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
• Member of the Year: Isamar Marmolejo of Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
• Outstanding Alumni: Joseph Manuel of Gamma Beta
• Chapter of the Year: Kappa Delta
• Member of the Year: Brittany Hoffman of Pi Beta Phi
• Outstanding Alumnae: LeAnn Grantham of Kappa Kappa Gamma
• Member of the Year: Deland Spencer of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Excellence in Teaching: Hershel Mann, nominated by Kappa Alpha Theta
Dean’s Cup of Excellence: Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
Applications submitted by sororities and fraternities were judged by the Awards Selection Committee made up of representatives across the Texas Tech campus.
Find Texas Tech news, experts and story ideas at www.media.ttu.edu and on Twitter @TexasTechMedia.
CONTACT: Megan Robare, unit coordinator and Panhellenic advisor, Texas Tech University, (806) 742-5433 or email@example.com.