Texas Tech students gather at RaiderGate to prepare for Red Raider football games in a fun, festive and safe environment. Find out more about RaiderGate.
Texas Tech football fans who hold parking passes for the 2009 season will notice a slight change upon entering parking areas around the stadium on game day. A new bar code system has been implemented to prevent the unlawful duplication of parking passes.
The only noticeable change fans will experience is having their parking passes scanned upon entrance to each parking area. Fans will be asked to remove their parking passes from their review mirrors, present the pass at the lot entrance and replace on the mirror. All parking is sold out for the third straight year.
“We’ve encountered situations in the past with counterfeit passes and current pass holders arriving to a filled spot,” said Kelly Riney, Assistant Director, Red Raider Club. “Our hope is that this slight change in procedure will eliminate that problem and erase any concern of someone illegally occupying spaces.
“Our fans are important to us and we want to ensure they enjoy a positive experience on game day with no hiccups,” Riney added.
The Red Raider Club also is reinforcing Responsible Tailgating for the 2009 season, an initiative encouraging safe and responsible socializing from students, alumni and fans who attend Texas Tech athletic events.
Game day parking and tailgating are key components of the game day atmosphere and Texas Tech is asking for help from the fans to help continue the positive experience of game day at Jones AT&T Stadium and other athletic venues.
A list of tailgating rules and regulations can be found at www.redraiderclub.com and includes:
- Only one space is permitted per parking pass
- Site setup may begin no earlier than 5:30 p.m. the day before the contest
- Staking ground for tailgating sites is not permitted
- Sound amplification equipment is prohibited
- Tents and canopies must be secured and may not obstruct sidewalks, driving lanes or walkways
- BBQ grills must be attended at all times
- Use of motorized recreational vehicles are prohibited, unless pre-approved by Texas Tech Athletics
- Commercial activity or solicitations are not allowed on campus; contact the RRC for vendor spaces
- No “drop offs” of items or persons will be permitted in reserved parking lots
By donating to the Red Raider Club through memberships, parking and scholarship endowments, RRC members are supporting the funding of scholarships for Texas Tech’s student-athletes. Additionally, each gift, regardless of size, is rewarded with points that allow RRC members top priority for special events such as bowl tickets, season ticket upgrades and more. For more information, contact Amy McBride, assistant athletic director, Red Raider Club, at (806) 742-1196.
Red Raiders go beyond the tailgate for the ultimate pre-game experience.
Get the Flash Player to see the wordTube Media Player.