Written by Cory Chandler
Texas Tech University Apparel Design and Manufacturing students claimed five awards at the Fashion Group International of Dallas Career Day 2009 Style Symposium.
Career Day, the longest running and largest fashion career event of its kind in the U.S., is hosted by Fashion Group International, a global nonprofit association of more than 6,000 fashion and lifestyle professionals.
Some 20 schools from across the U.S. participated in the event, entering a total 437 garments.
Texas Tech students entered 31 garments as well as fashion-trend boards into various competition categories.
- Theatre/Costume/Wearable Art Category: first place, Erin Bunge, Springfield, Mo.
- Mohair Category: second place, Christina Jackson, Christoval
Texas Department of Agriculture’s Food and Fiber Research Program Trend Board Competition:
- Trend Board/Cotton Category: first place, Jovita Lektzian, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Trend Board/Wool Category: first place, Charlotte Moreland, Spring
- Trend Board/Mohair Category: first place, Laci Weikert, Lubbock
Fashion Group International is a global, non-profit professional organization with more than 6,000 members in the fashion industry.
The Apparel Design and Manufacturing Program is located in the College of Human Sciences.