Eighteen staff members were honored with Quality Service awards for their excellent customer service. Click to enlarge.
Eighteen staff members were honored May 4 with Quality Service Awards.
The awards, established in 1990, recognize those who provide excellent customer service in the performance of their jobs.
“Texas Tech prides itself on being a friendly place,” said President Guy Bailey. “These men and women are true examples of what we mean by quality service. They, and their colleagues across the campus, are the backbone of our university. I am delighted we could recognize a few of our superb staff members for their work over the past year.”
One staff member received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence and a $1,500 check. Seventeen individuals received the President’s Quality Service Award and a $500 check. Winners were nominated for the awards and selected by a committee. Nominees are judged on a number of criteria based on outstanding customer service.
Scott Hall, assistant managing director, IT Help Central, won the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence.
Winning the President’s Quality Service Award are:
- Vickie Craig, Budget and Resource Planning and Management
- Rebecca Contreras, Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Danny Louis Fox, Physical Plant
- Sandra Olive, Department of Psychology
- Neal Nordstrom, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Jeannine McCoy, Department of Natural Resources Management
- Robby Carlson, Department of Plant and Soil Science
- Lou Ann Hillhouse, Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute
- Dawn Moreno, College of Mass Communications
- Pat Wright, College of Outreach and Distance Education
- Karin Senft, Office of International Affairs
- Tina Sansom, Teaching, Learning and Technology Center
- Reginald Grant, Hospitality Services
- Wendoli L. Flores, Institutional Advancement
- Bradley R. Martin, Office of the Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Walter James, Environmental Health and Safety
- Michael Kennon, Environmental Health and Safety